Thursday, November 17, 2005

Anniversaries

Today is my Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary, they would have been married for 63 years...... but, the love of my Dad's life died of cancer 11 years ago. They married during WWII when my Dad was in the Marines and came home on leave before he was sent to the Pacific. They spent their first 2 years of marriage separated by an ocean and a war...but it didn't dampen their love for each other. I never once heard them raise their voices when they had a disagreement. My Dad is still cranking on almost all 8 cylinders and enjoys his life and all of us kids and his grandkids, but he looks forward to the day that he'll get to see his love again. Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!!

Tomorrow, the 18th, is my 33rd wedding anniversary. I can’t believe I’m that old, much less been married that long. I was just a teenager when I got married, way too young to be making a decision about spending the rest of my life with someone, but somehow, it turned out to be a good decision, one of the best I’ve ever made. No, it hasn’t all been peaches and cream, I don’t think any relationship could ever be wonderful all the time. It takes a lot of love, understanding, love, commitment, love, forgiveness, love, compromise, love, trust, and did I mention love. We’ve had good times and bad times and were on shaky ground not too terribly long ago, but I’ve never been happier or more in love than I am right now. It’s hard to explain what happened, or how and why it happened, but something happened, that's for sure. I think there were a lot of contributing factors, including the fact that I almost lost him twice this year, but I know that I’ve changed a lot the last couple of years, too. One thing's for sure, though, we’ve fallen in love all over again...after all these years. And I’ve got to tell you, it is glorious...it makes me feel young and beautiful and sexy...even at my age. I wish everyone could experience that feeling. My little sister even made a comment about how I smile all the time now...go figure...... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home