Sunday, November 11, 2007

Have you hugged a vet today???

I know I haven't been on here much lately, but I am still around. I have just one simple thing to ask all of you...have you hugged a vet today?? If not, there's still time to do that..... :)

I hugged my dad this morning and listened to some of his WWII stories...which I never get tired of hearing. I e-mailed a friend who is an OIF vet. I hugged Kevin...it's nice that he's here this year. And I texted a hug to Seth, who is at NTC right now...yeah, training to return to the sand...and no, he won't be home for Thanksgiving...again...*sigh*. There was one less vet to send my regards to this year...my dad's older brother who died on Memorial Day...but I thought about him, and my dad's younger brother who died many years ago, and my grandfather who served in the Navy in WWI.

I'm truly blessed to have so many vets in my life..... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I've been wondering about you. Glad you're still around :)

You definitely are very blessed! Sorry that your son won't be around for Thanksgiving again. I'll be praying for him!

11/11/07, 6:00 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Couldn't hug my vet today he's training too but luckily just typical guard training nothing to do with the "sand box". I hate to hear that about Seth though. My gosh he just got home!! In my prayers:)

11/12/07, 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home