Thursday, November 24, 2005

Blessings

I've spent quite a bit of time reflecting on my life and my blessings today. I have so much to be thankful for this year......I don't even know where to begin. I've been blessed with such a wonderful family, and some great friends......so blessed that I sometimes wonder if I'm going to wake up to find that it's nothing but a dream. What did I do to deserve such blessings?? I haven't got a clue.

I've also spent quite a bit of time thinking about all our service men and women who are very far from home right now......whether they be in Iraq, Afghanistan, South Korea, or so many other locations across the world that keep them from being home with their families. How blessed we are to have these men and women who are willing to sacrifice so much for us. My heart aches knowing that they are so far from home today, but my heart also bursts with pride for them. I'm lucky to have all three of my boys home for Thanksgiving this year, but next year will be a different story......Seth will be in Iraq......so I'm relishing every prank they pull on each other and treasuring every moment we have to spend together.

The best way to describe the way I feel is in the words of a song by Martina McBride......

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way.
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day.

I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve.
To be here with the ones who love me,
To love them so much it hurts.

I am so blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home