Monday, March 30, 2009

Can you see this, mom?

Can you see this little great grandson of yours? Do you see me when I hold him . . . how much I love him and enjoy him? All the times I watched you hold my babies, all the times I saw that smile on your face and heard you humming to yourself as you rocked them . . . that all plays over and over again in my mind now. I was thinking of you just now as I rocked Sawyer to sleep. I thought as time went on, I would begin to miss you less, but I just seem to miss you more and more each day, especially now that I've become a grandmother. I wish you were here to hold this little guy. I know how much you would love to be able to do that. I can just picture the smile that would be on your face and hear you humming with contentment. I know you look down on us from Heaven and must be smiling . . . but I wish you were here. This is how I picture you still . . . holding one of my babies . . . . . :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

K,
What a beautiful post. The more I read your posts, the more I realize we two grandmas have in common.
God bless our moms - they were such good teachers without even trying. And our children were the benefactors so often.
Hugs my friend,
Sue

3/31/09, 4:15 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

This post made me cry. I always think about how great it would have been to see my dad hold his grandson. It breaks my heart that I never got to see that. Your mom sounds like a wonderful lady and I'm sure she is so very proud of the grandma you are!

4/2/09, 1:32 PM  
Blogger Kc said...

hey its been a month since you updated...you need to get on it women...lol

new update please


DIL

4/29/09, 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home