Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I found the the bottom of the black hole...

I didn't think it was possible, but I found the bottom of the black hole...a.k.a. the room Kevin and Seth shared growing up. Yep, two boys in one room...and they both survived. I admit that there were days when I thought they would kill each other, but you wouldn't know it now. They're as close as two brothers can be. Who says kids need their own individual rooms growing up? I shared a room with both my sisters. We had a triple bunkbed...and yes, they really do make them..... :)

Anyway, their old room is completely empty now, which I didn't think was possible. Albeit, we have a guest room (Rick's old room) that a guest could not stay in at the moment because of all the stuff piled up in there; there's an old desk behind the table in the kitchen with stuff piled on top of it; and a large armoir is now in our hallway making passage almost impossible without turning sideways. But hey, it's temporary, and when you have a really small house, you learn to get creative when shuffling furniture around when it's necessary..... :)

So, my friends, the room makeover has begun...it's about freaking time, too. I will turn the black hole into our guest room (after some major patching, texturing, painting, and boy funk removal), and turn what is now the guest room into my office (after a bit of touch-up painting). And this all has to be done within the next month and a half or I'll be working out of the nearest wi-fi joint come October..... :)

Prayers......many prayers..... :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Oh K...we can't have you working out of a Wi-fi joint! Good luck with the renovations (and the furniture you might have to pass in the middle of the night - please remember it's there, we don't want sore toes or bruised knees).
The memories will be there the whole time..even after you get rid of the gunk and the knocks and bruises on the walls.
Whistle while you work...:)
Blessings my friend.

7/30/08, 7:22 PM  
Blogger ABNPOPPA said...

Kbug,

Hope this finds you well and Seth also. Keep us posted. My wife just took a new job and is currently in orientation then she too will be working out of the home. She just told me last night "our" computer room has to be transformed into "her office". Fortunately for me Jacob's room was transformed into a NASCAR, yes,I like NASCAR, a couple years after Jacob left. So the computer room was created in a second bedroom and I will not have much to do for "her office"

Like Sue said, we can't have you blogging from the Starbucks or someplace like that so get going. You WILL have a lot of found memories pop up while your doing it. I sure did when I re-did Jacob's room.

7/31/08, 5:16 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

Good to see a post from you again. I loved it, it always gives me a glimpse into my future of when my boys are your boys age. The older two share a room right now and I swear sometimes I think only one will come out alive some days! With our next move we plan to switch the older one to his own room then the younger two will share. Needless to say but the middle guy doesn't like that idea at all.
Hope all goes well with the new space.
You and your boys are always in my thoughts and prayers.

8/1/08, 8:11 AM  
Blogger The Teacup Cottage said...

Hey Sweetie! I just wanted to stop in and say "Hey" and tell you I gave you an award ...

8/2/08, 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home