Saturday, June 14, 2008

And he's gone...again

We had a wonderful long weekend with Seth and Katie and the boys, camping and floating the river...steaks cooked over an open wood fire are unbelievably incredible. We returned to Fort Hood Sunday, just early enough to get ready for a bunch of Seth's buddies to come over for a cookout. It was a "BYOB/BYOM (bring your own meat)" thing, and boy was there a variety of meat. We had fajita meat, steaks, chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, and even stew meat (?). Everyone was cleaning out their freezers prior to the deployment. We met so many people that I'll never be able to remember all their names, but it was great fun. Several asked to store a few things at Seth and Katie's place...guitars, tough boxes, bags, etc...these were, of course, the single guys who didn't want to mess with sending stuff home and didn't want to have to pay for a storage unit to store just a few things. It's a good thing Seth and Katie have a huge basement..... :)

It was a great weekend...even though I knew it would be the last time I'd see Seth for a while. I wasn't there when he left this time...we said our goodbyes and I got "one more hug" Monday night before we headed home. But my heart and mind were there when he left. I watched the clock all day, thinking about what he was doing at that moment. 0630...the bag drop; next...back to battalian to draw weapons; then...formation and loading onto buses to be whisked away to the airport. Katie took some wonderful pictures, though, and sent some to me. So now I can look at my baby boy's smiling face any time I want to...thanks, Katie..... :) There are some other great pictures over at Katie's blog.


Well, looks like it's back to sleeping with the old cell phone again..... :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

K..
Our hearts and lives are connected and although our soldiers may never meet - heck, WE may never meet - you are a dear friend because we know each other's heart. And, we are together at the foot of the cross. And we stand next to each other in faith as we pray.
Seth is a handsome young man - you must be so proud of who he is.
God bless him, and Katie and their child. And you too, mom. And don't forget that your fellow military moms truly understand.
hugs,
Sue

6/15/08, 2:17 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'm so glad you got to spend some time with Seth before he left & it sounds like you had a blast.
I will keep him in my prayers & pray that this time goes by quickly for your family.

6/16/08, 6:16 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

my heart goes out to you and Katie. we will all be by your side here in blog land, holding your hand and reading as you count down the days untill your baby is back. god protect him and all the men he is with.
v

6/16/08, 8:23 AM  
Blogger kbug said...

My thanks to all of you for your continued kindness...your wonderful friendship and support helped get me through his first deployment two years ago...hugs to all..... :)

6/16/08, 9:46 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

6/17/08, 5:34 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm really sorry that he had to leave again. I hope that time goes quickly for you all. Seth and your whole family will be in my prayers!

6/18/08, 10:02 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Kbug, I'll keep your baby boy in my prayers.
What a good looking soldier.
May God bless him and his family.
May the time fly until he is back with you all again, safe and sound.

6/21/08, 4:02 AM  
Blogger ABNPOPPA said...

Good Morning Kbug,

What a nice family you have in the Mother's Day pik. It sounds like you have wonderful sons and are very proud of them. Thank you for stopping over at Mark 1:11. Infantry Dad and Airborne Dad and I have been leaning on each other for the better part of a year. As you probably know our boys are home for a while. I will add Seth to my Prayer List and keep praying for him and your family during his deployment.

On a lighter note. My daughter Sarah has 3 beautiful children, is pregnant for a 4th after having a total of 4 miscarriages. Your grandson will be a blessing believe me. When is the baby due, my Sarah is due December 5. I keep telling her to hold on as she was born on December 29th and they could celebrate birthdays together.

Hooah!!! ATW!

6/25/08, 4:31 AM  
Blogger Infantry Dad said...

K, followed you back from your message on my blog.
Nice post.
Hope you'll be a regular in our Dads group, it's always nice to have a woman's point of view, except during the ball game, lol.
I'll ad
SPC Seth to our prayer list, and link back to you.
Best wishes for a safe deployment and swift return for Seth.
DaD

6/25/08, 7:29 PM  
Blogger Airborne dad said...

K.,

I will add your son to our soldiers prayer list. Hope things go well on this deployment.

I will add a link back to you to see how things are progressing.

6/28/08, 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home