Monday, November 19, 2007

You broke what???

I had a call from my baby boy last night. He's at NTC (National Training Center) in California training for his next deployment to the sandbox. Yeah, he's supposed to go back some time next summer. And no, we're trying not to think about it too much. Anyway, the conversation started out something like this . . .

Seth: Hello Mother

Me: Well, hello Son (I just had to return the formality of him calling me mother) . . . or should I say . . . hello baby boy

Seth: Hahaha . . . well, your baby boy has a cast on his arm . . .

Me: *sigh*

Those of you who have been reading my blog since the beginning might remember that Seth was wearing a boot cast on his left foot when he deployed on December 6, 2005 . . . he ran into a telephone pole on his three-wheeler the Friday after Thanksgiving, dislocating his big toe and breaking the one next to it. And, I believe I told you that he had broken his foot a couple times before that when he was still in school - once jumping off the roof of the elementary school down the street and once when a friend catapulted him into the air to do a back flip (don't ask). Well, now it's his hand . . . geez. I didn't quite understand what he was trying to tell me about how he did it, but it had something to do with his hand getting caught between his M-16 and a hard place . . . like his humvee. *Sigh* . . . what's a mother to do???

When I told his brothers about it, they just looked at each other, totally unsurprised, and said, "The timing's not right, it's not close enough to his deployment . . . he won't still be wearing the cast when he deploys this time." Aren't brothers just the most thoughtful and caring people . . . . . :)

5 Comments:

Blogger The Teacup Cottage said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my page. I am always looking for new military families to chat with. My husband came back from Afghanistan in Dec. 2006 and leaves soon for Iraq. 15-month .. Ugh! My page keeps me busy though ... I can't wait to read more.

11/20/07, 5:50 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

How they do love to make us "sigh" don't they?
Hoping that Seth doesn't have too much pain and that it heals quickly.
As for you, mom, it sounds like you went and raised three good and normal American boys. All very caring. :)
Hugs,
Sue

11/23/07, 10:35 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I hope he heals very fast! Brother's are definitely very thoughtful lol. They always seem to find the "bright" spot in life :)

11/29/07, 7:58 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Oh gosh, poor Seth!
Well, let me tell ya sisters ain't no ray of sunshine all the time either! LOL

11/30/07, 2:54 PM  
Blogger ABW said...

My husband is one of four boys and they are the same way!

Hope he heals and avoids anymore casts !

12/4/07, 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home