Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Baby boy


Here's my baby boy the night he left. Who wouldn't be proud of him???

He called yesterday morning from Maine. They were greeted at the airport by some wonderful people who provided them with cell phones to call home. I'd read about some of these groups on the Internet. They are comprised of people of every age, from 80-something to very young, who meet every plane of soldiers coming and going from Iraq or Afghanistan, no matter what time of day or night, to let them know how much they are appreciated. When I read the article, I thought about how wonderful those people were...but I had no idea at the time that they would one day be greeting my son. They are great Americans and true patriots...I wish that everyone was like that.

UPDATE:
* The last time we heard from him, he was in Germany enjoying some bratwurst...... :)

* Oh, and the mis-matched boots......he broke his toe riding a 3-wheeler during the Thanksgiving weekend at home and is wearing a boot cast. His other tan boot is strapped to his backpack...... :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I came across your blog almost by accident. My brother is military as well, Air Force. He's been over to 'the huge cat litter box across the pond' 9 times now. When he goes we get no notice, just a phone call from his wife 'I came home and he's gone, not sure where to'. Feel incredibly blessed and lucky you got the chance to say good bye and see him off. We very seldom get that chance.
I am terribly proud of my brother, and yet every mission is tinged with fear and worry. We've been blessed to have him return from every single trip, and we've been incredibly blessed to have him home for Christmas every year.
I will keep your family and your son in my thoughts and prayers. Know there are others out here who have had to say 'See you later' to loved ones. Be proud of him.

12/7/05, 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home