Friday, December 07, 2007

Exciting news

There's been so much going on lately...I just had to tell everyone about it.

Rick found a nice house and he and Kevin will be moving in this weekend. I'm excited about this for several reasons. For one, they've been planning this and looking forward to it since before Kevin left active duty in May. The house is bigger than our little crackerbox and has a nice yard for Sierra, Kevin's pup...the one we've been taking care of since February. Sure, I'm going to miss them, but it's only about a 15-minute drive from here. Which brings me to the second reason I'm excited about this. Rick has been living with us for about a week now because he had to vacate his apartment before the house became available, so every corner of space is packed with stuff. So...once they move all their stuff out of the garage, I'll finally be able to get to my Christmas tree..... :)

Seth turned 26 yesterday, and it was so exciting to get to hear his voice on the phone. He was originally supposed to be here for his birthday, but their conex came in from their trip to NTC and he was called into work. Oh well, at least I got to talk to him. It's so hard for me to believe that my baby boy is that old. I can still picture all of the boys as...well...boys..... :) Anyway, happy birthday, baby boy!!!

But probably the most exciting news today is that Kevin completed the first step in his big dream...the one that he left active duty for. He got his helicopter pilot's license today.....yeehaw. He texted me at about 7 pm tonight, saying "I am now a pilot." I was driving home from the airport on my way home from a business trip and couldn't stop smiling after that. Even the terrible traffic couldn't make me stop smiling.

There's something so overwhelmingly wonderful about watching your children grow and seeing their plans and dreams come to fruition...no matter what that dream may be..... :)

5 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

You sound like a very proud Mama. Congrats to him and to you for raiseing boys who go after there dreams.
I day dream once in awhile what my boys will be doing when they are men, I see their creativity and think artist, I see their fearlessness and think solider, but what ever they do I hope it's what they dreamed of.

12/11/07, 4:24 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Your right! Lots going on for you & lots for you to be very proud of. Congrats to your son...how exciting & Happy Birthday to Seth!!

12/11/07, 9:15 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That is all wonderful news! Congratulations to all of your boys and to you! It sounds like you raised three wonderful sons and you should be every bit as proud as you sound!

12/11/07, 9:24 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

What a blessing to know that two of your boys will only be 15 minutes away (great alternative to being who knows where the military may send them, right?). Wonderful news about all of their activities - your pride is awesome too because it shows how happy you are for them.
Laurie was a premie - when she was born the last thing we EVER expected was that she would become a soldier. But her service has been blessing upon blessing for all of our family. You just never know, do you? Happy Birthday to Seth and many blessings to all of your sons...and you too, mom.

12/16/07, 7:47 AM  
Blogger ABW said...

Great news and good job mom, you raised some fine boys!

12/16/07, 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home