Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Leaving the apartment


Katie and I spent Monday and Tuesday at Fort Hood, emptying and cleaning the apartment she and Seth had shared for such a short time. I know she had mixed feelings about leaving the apartment behind. She said being back there was weird, she couldn't help but feel that she would look up to see him walk through the door at any moment. That was where she and Seth had started their lives together...where they had laughed and cried and loved. It was full of wonderful memories...but, the one thing that made the apartment so special to her was already gone. So, in the end, we left behind a mere shell where they had lived for a while, and she moved on to a year of living with her in-laws (us) and waiting...for phone calls, letters, IMs, and emails. Yes, it will be a long year, but their love for each other is so strong that it will see them through this separation...I have no doubt about that.

6 Comments:

Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said...

Thanks for stopping by over at Wayne's World. We'll pray for you and the absent brave ones in 2006. And please let us know if we can help in any way.

12/29/05, 7:25 AM  
Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

Yup... we're here and we'll be riding that roller coaster right with ya! Give "the girl" a hug for us. We're here for all of you! And Happy New Year!

12/30/05, 10:04 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Thank you for your comment on my site. I appreciate hearing from other people. It was especially nice hearing from you because Danny (my fiancee) was stationed at Fort Hood and he is also in the 4ID. I live in Missouri though. Actually I will be moving to Texas next summer after he returns and we get married. So you and I have a lot more in common than we thought.

12/30/05, 3:22 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I will third the other MOM'S. We are here for you, and anything that we can do, just let us know.

12/31/05, 4:53 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Happy New Year Kbug. I'll kweep your soldier in my prayers, also.
May God Bless you and yours with a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.
Tell your soldier thanks for serving.

12/31/05, 6:50 PM  
Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

I have been home with my parents for a few weeks and I notice that this has been a lot easier for me emotionally than when I am alone in my apartment or my bf's apartment...I still get down and sad, but at least there are people around to "take my mind" off things, even if just for a moment. You guys will be able to go thru the ups and downs together, and somehow it makes things a lot easier...I don't know what I would have done without my mother and some very good friends this year, especially those who are in the same boat.

1/5/06, 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home