Monday, December 12, 2005

Contact

Today started out like any other Monday, but while I was on my way to work this morning, Katie called. She said Seth was on the instant messenger and would only be on for another 30 minutes. We hadn’t heard from him since last Tuesday night when he was in Germany, so I was anxious to talk to him. Geez, I was 15 minutes from a computer in any direction. I proceeded to break at least half a dozen speed limits getting to the office...I’m glad there weren’t any cops watching...and ran from the parking garage across the street to my office building.

By the time I got the computer booted up at work and got myself signed on to Yahoo IM, not only was Seth on, but so was my son in Alaska. It was wonderful. We didn’t have much time to talk...Kevin was about to leave for his shift at the base and Seth had to sign off after about 15 minutes...but it was oh so wonderful getting to talk to both of my military boys at the same time. After they signed off, I just sat there staring at the computer with tears running down my cheeks. How do I describe the feeling?? Heartache and total joy, all at the same time. What a great way to start the day!!! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

yup, kbug... it's the roller coaster for sure!!! I learned to live in the joy and push the melancholy to the background. You certainly can't get rid of the worry, but you learn not to let it dominate (or your year will feel like TWO).
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your "boys".

12/14/05, 9:47 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

I know that feeling, (only mine isn't blood) it is both great and sad.. Hang in there.

12/14/05, 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home