Sunday, January 01, 2006

The roller coaster ride begins...

I heard about it last night, a U.S. Soldier in Baghdad was killed by an IED on Friday. No, Seth didn't know him, he was in a different unit and a different brigade, but my heart aches so much for that soldier and his family. He was someone's Seth...someone's son, possibly a brother, maybe someone's husband or sweetheart, or a father. My heart breaks every time I hear about another soldier being killed, and this was really close to my baby boy. I've tried to put the thought of what could happen to Seth out of my mind, and it works most of the time, but this brought it back to the forefront.

And the roller coaster ride begins......in earnest......

2 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Prayers,,, It is very hard going day to day holding your breath. Hope your days become a bit easier, knowing you are nto alone.

1/1/06, 10:48 AM  
Blogger Some Soldier's Mom said...

it's hearing something on the news -- an "incident" in or near the place where your child is... and then the not hearing (from them) that makes you crazy. It's especially hard when it IS in their unit and they have a "blackout" -- no internet, no IMs, no email, no phones -- until the affected families have been notified.

Glad Seth is ok... hang on, girlfriend -- we're here for the ride!

1/5/06, 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home