Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Some people......

Sorry, but I need to VENT!!! I went to the post office yesterday right after work to mail three packages that Katie was sending to Seth. I got there as quickly as I could...it was about 4:45 when I got in line. There were about 6 people in front of me, but only 1 person at the counter. That's okay, I made it there before they closed, and I didn't care how long it took. I was in a good mood and happy to be sending him packages. I had a 4th package that wasn't quite full, so I decided not to send that one until today...I just baked more brownies last night...you hear that, Seth? :)

Anyway, I stood there patiently as each of the people in front of me took at least 5 minutes apiece to take care of their business. Finally, a second person shuffled up to the counter (and I do mean she took her sweet time getting there) and the line began to move a bit faster. I finally got to the counter at about 5:05 (a very nice man behind me in line helped me carry my boxes, too). Well, the woman behind the counter proceeded to admonish me for waiting so late in the day to mail my packages. She said that they closed at 5 and wanted to get the last few customers taken care of as quickly as possible and that packages were very time consuming, especially when they involved customs forms. Now, Katie had already filled out the customs forms and everything was addressed properly and ready to go. All she had to do was weigh each one and attach the postage and customs form. I must have been in too good a mood, because I found myself apologizing to this woman about not being able to get there earlier, that I had to work till 4:30. But the more she said, the more my mood changed. I never said anything to her, but as I walked out the door afterwards, I got pissed. She had alot of nerve complaining about having to spend an extra 5 minutes processing packages to go to a soldier overseas in a war zone. Talk about insensitive and arrogant!! I didn't complain to her about being kept waiting so long.

Well, by the time I got home, I had decided that I was going to write a letter of complaint to the post office and send copies to the local news stations and papers (like that's gonna do any good). But it will make me feel better and maybe, just maybe, somebody will care. If nothing else, maybe she'll get her hand slapped and she won't do that to someone else (yeah, right).

But you know what's really gonna make me feel good?? I'm taking another box to that same post office this afternoon...and I hope I get that same woman...as a matter of fact, I may make sure I get that same woman. Go ahead, punk...make my day...... :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Candace April said...

Good for you. You got there on time. It takes 10 extra seconds to stamp those customs forms. That PO worker has zero reason to complain.

I bet you'll get a response.

If it happens again, I would ask to speak to her manager.

She was out of line regardless of where you were sending the package. That you were obviously sending a care package to a soldier, just adds insensitivity to her rudeness.

3/22/06, 5:14 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Hahaha good for you. I think it is funny that you are going to make sure to get her again. Man, people keep me at work an hour after we close and I am still pleasant, I may be thinking things in my head but I certainly don't say anything to them and for her to say something to you is rude. You should definitely go back to that woman. I wanna know how it goes too.

3/22/06, 7:51 PM  
Blogger kbug said...

Well, I have to tell you that I went back today and she would hardly even look at me. She avoided waiting on me by pretending not to see me, which was just as well...for her. I was waited on by a guy who was just as friendly as could be. I kept glancing over at her and she'd look away...it was too funny. I couldn't help but chuckle as I left...but I'm still writing that letter.... :)

3/22/06, 8:29 PM  
Blogger dyzgoneby said...

Vent away! And yes, write that letter. Some people just don't get it that an extra few minutes of there time can make a world of difference to numerous people.

I would have let the people go in front of me, just so I could go back to her and mess with her. But hey, that's just me.

3/23/06, 8:54 AM  
Blogger Household6 said...

What was sad about it, is that you were already in line before the "end of the day." If would be different if you had skulked in 3 minutes before closing and had a billion boxes to mess with.

Glad she felt guilty and I would still write the letter too.

3/27/06, 2:53 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Me and the postmaster in my town are on a first name bases. I went to the post office with packages about 3 days a week for the first 5 months, when Dan first went to the sand, that the postmaster started calling me by my first name. He started to ask about Dan and still does.
But I guess they can't all be cordial. There is always a sour apple in every bunch.
I liked that post. It made me chuckle.

3/27/06, 5:00 PM  
Blogger Politics of a Patriot said...

Wow. That was very rude of her. In the small town I live in, there is only one person that works at the post office at all times. Her son is in the Army National Guard and has been to Iraq twice, I believe, so even though she is known for being an "old grump" she always goes out of her way to be nice to me when I bring in packages to mail to deployed soldiers.

I am astounded sometimes at how people who work at post offices, libraries, etc., act like the patrons are a bother. This woman obviously doesn't realize that if not for people like Seth that she wouldn't have her job or her freedom to be rude to you or anything else. I hope your letter does some good.

4/6/06, 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home