Friday, January 13, 2006

Leaving civilization


Ken and I are headed to the country this afternoon to spend the weekend. Ken's mom has this 50-acre place about an hour out of town that takes us away from the big-city life in a most refreshing way. While we're there, we escape from the norm. We feed the cattle, mend fences, repair the barn, work on the equipment, chop mesquite trees, burn brush piles (except now there's a burn ban all over Texas), and we truly love every minute of it.....but, it also takes us away from the computer. It's hard!!! It's sooooo hard!!!! Hard to leave behind the IM where we can talk to Seth and sometimes see his face, hard to be out of the loop, and oh so hard not to constantly wonder where he is and what he's doing. I knew it would have to happen sooner or later, that I'd have to get on with life, but I've put it off for several weeks. I know it will be good for all of us, but that doesn't make it any easier. I'll still be thinking about him and praying for him, though......and for his buddies......no matter where I am.

By the way, see the flagpole in the front yard? The three boys gave that to their grandmother for Christmas three years ago and planted it in the ground Christmas day. That was the last time all three boys were home together for Christmas.

2 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OH MAN I wnat that house!!! Have fun!

1/15/06, 9:16 AM  
Blogger Kc said...

i want that house...lol

it was good to talk to my boy today... can't wait to see him in 27 days....lol...

love ya,

D.I.L.

1/16/06, 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home