Monday, January 09, 2006

Broken silence

We finally heard from Seth this weekend, after about two and a half days of silence. It was, indeed, a blackout...that roadside bomb on Thursday killed some soldiers from his FOB. My heart aches so much for those soldiers and their families. They have been constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Yeay, he got the laptop, but was fussing at us because we didn't pack the power cord...how did that happen?? I think everything but the kitchen sink was in that box...computer camera, x-box games and controllers, pictures, all kinds of stuff. I can't imagine how the cord got left out and don't know where it is...must be in Katie's room somewhere. Luckily, someone else had an extra cord for him to use until we can get his to him. Oh well, we were going to send another package this week anyway...... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kc said...

yeAH I WAS BOUNCING, I ALWAYS AND VERY CHEERY AFTER I HEAR FROM HIM...LOL IT MAKES ME HAPPY, I SAY I WISH HE WOULDNT COME HOME TILL LATER BUT IN TRUTH I WILL BE HAPPY WHENEVER IT MAY BE...

LOVE YA,

D.I.L

1/11/06, 7:24 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

bThank you for your comments on my space and thank you for praying for my soldier. How often do you hear from your son? It sounds like you hear from him often. I only hear from Danny like once every 4 to 5 days and that is through an email.

1/12/06, 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home