Thursday, May 11, 2006

The long and the short of it......

My mind is all in a twist these days. On one hand, time has been flying by since Seth left for Iraq. I've been extremely busy at work and making all kinds of business trips and have more trips lined up for the summer and into the fall, including one non-business trip to Alaska in July...can't wait for that one. The Paris trip last month was a long ways off once. I spent a month re-learning French from my high school days...and no, it didn't help much..... :) Now the Paris trip is a thing of the past. Then again, Seth came and went on his R&R a couple months ago and it was great having him home for a while. And that seems like forever ago. So, I know that the time has been flying by......

But, if that's the case...why is it still such a long time till Seth redeploys??? Why does he still have more than half of his deployment to go???? I just can't explain how time can go by so fast, yet go so slow at the same time. It's frustrating and it really sucks!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger dyzgoneby said...

I agree it sucks big time!!!!

Time is flying by here as well, but at a standstill. We will all make it through this together. I think of you, your dtr-in-law and Seth all the time. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers for a safe return for Seth.

I am happy you got to get away from it all for a little while. You needed it.

5/11/06, 7:40 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I am definitely feeling the same way. Weeks fly by for me but it does feel like it is forever til Danny will be home. It's weird how that works.

5/11/06, 11:27 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Yep same here! I just want to wake up & it be November. Then again who knows if he'll be home then. You knw the Army the only constant thing is change!

5/12/06, 7:29 AM  
Blogger Candace April said...

So true! It seems to go so quickly until you think about the number of days ahead. I wish I could hibernate!

5/12/06, 9:58 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY & what an awesome mother you are!

5/14/06, 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home