Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sadness and rage

I was trying not to think about it too much, and hadn't intended to post anything about it...until I got an email from a friend about it. He was pissed!!! As I responded to his email this afternoon, I started thinking about it again. I thought about it all the way home from work and knew that I wasn't going to be able to think about anything else until I got it off my chest...so.....

I heard the news this morning...that the two Soldiers who had been missing for three days had been found dead, and that they had been tortured barbarically. My heart sank...and I immediately thought of their families. I felt sick to my stomach thinking about the torture and knew that their families must be hurting something awful. To think that their last moments were spent being tortured...I can't even begin to express my thoughts on that. I started thinking about how I would have felt if it had been Seth and it hurt so bad. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry and scream.

But then, the pain passed and I got pissed. I found myself thinking about how badly I want our guys over there to kick some insurgent asses because of this. I want them to find every one of those freaking cowards and put them out of their misery. That's not exactly a "motherly" thought, is it...but it's an honest one.

8 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Took the words right out of my mouth!

6/20/06, 8:03 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I couldn't agree with you more.

6/20/06, 8:29 PM  
Blogger dyzgoneby said...

Oorah!!!! I whole heartly agree with you. I also think we need to stop being so damn soft and start kicking the shit out of the insurgents.

6/20/06, 9:45 PM  
Blogger Charla said...

Hi, I found your blog through my friend Courtney (waiting on my soldier)! My boyfriend is in Iraq with Courtney's husband. I feel the same way about these soldiers who lost their lives! My heart goes out to their families. I can't imagine what they're going through right now. I continue to pray for all the soldiers who are still over there fighting for freedom. They are all true heroes!

I also wanted to thank you for the comment on Courtney's blog. It really touched my heart! I too have been struggling with the "clean house obsession"! LOL
Thank you and feel free to stop by my blog anytime! Your son will be in my prayers!

Charla

6/21/06, 6:31 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I totally agree! I think it's sick that they can treat our men and women like that, but we get in trouble for touching their Quran.

6/21/06, 9:27 AM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

You know it's really hard over here. It's the feelings we all have to overcome after an attack. I find myself full of rage after gettnig hit by an IED. I just want to shoot and kill an bystanders that are around the area. But it's a matter of control, restraint, and self dicipline that keeps me in check. It's definetly hard seeing what happens to my brothers. We'll find them and all the other criminals and bring them to justice. I understand how you feel.

6/24/06, 12:31 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

This was really hard for me to hear as well. I went through some of the same feelings you did. I hope we find the people who did this horrible act to our soldiers soon!

6/25/06, 12:04 AM  
Blogger Sminklemeyer said...

Looks like you have a nice following. :)

6/26/06, 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home