Sunday, June 18, 2006

Who's your daddy??

My dad, being the first man in my life...and one of the hardest acts for any guy to follow...has always held a special place in my heart. He, of course, is the one responsible for my patriotic feelings; he put the worm on my hook when we went fishing; he picked me up and held me above his head to see over a crowd; he went looking for the snake that almost got me when I was running along the trail in the woods behind our house; he shared his steak with me when my head barely reached over the top of the table; he let me hang out with him and my brothers when they played sports; he taught me that honesty and keeping your word are two of the most important traits a person can have by setting that example for me (he's the most honest person I've ever met); he went "hunting," literally, for someone who tried to hurt me once (all I can say is that guy's lucky the police found him first); he's always been there when I needed someone to talk to; he never judges me or says "I told you so" when I make mistakes (and there have been many of those); he makes me laugh; he's always been my biggest fan; and I could go on and on because there's so much more...but I think you get the picture...I'm a very lucky girl.

Happy Fathers Day, dad...I love you..... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like you have a great relationship with your dad, something we should all treasure when we have it.

6/18/06, 12:32 PM  
Blogger jesprincess said...

Sounds like my husband. He's in Afghanistan and I wish he were here for our two kids. I found your sight through Courtney, who I found through a friend. Thanks for posting.

7/8/06, 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home