Monday, December 04, 2006

Giving thanks......


Here's a picture of my welcome home kiss for Seth, but before I post any more pictures of Seth's homecoming, I need to give thanks. It's true that Thanksgiving has come and gone, but it hasn't for me, and it may not for some time to come. I've been thinking alot about all the wonderful blessings God has bestowed on me, especially this year. I've been given so much...a wonderful family, great friends, supportive co-workers and bosses, and the safe return of my youngest from Iraq...so much more than I deserve. I'm so thankful for each and every one.

I have to start out by giving thanks for all of you guys out there in the milblogosphere who have been so very important to me. Especially those of you who have, or had, a loved one deployed. All of you have been so supportive. You've made the year move so much faster than it would have by sharing your lives and faith when I needed it so badly. You have helped me in ways you'll never know. It's funny how I've become so attached to all of you and I've never even met you, and probably never will. I wish that I could hug each and every one of you, but alas, a cyber hug is all I can send your way...for now. I want you all to know how much you've meant to me and how appreciated you are and that if you ever need anything...I'm here. And I mean that.

I want to give special thanks for those wonderful people in my life who have been there with a shoulder when I needed it, be it in person or over the phone...dad (the ancient warrior who always kept me grounded and was anxious to hear the latest about Seth's adventures), Susie and Sharon (my sisters who were such wonderful distractions and helped me keep things in perspective), Ken (my wonderful hubby who put up with me through thick and thin), Rick and Kevin (my two older sons who were just always there and steady), Gabe (Seth's buddy in Iraq who kept me informed when I couldn't talk to Seth), and Casanova (a long-distance friend who's been there, done that - deployment, that is - who put up with my emails, was always there to reassure me when things got scary, and would call to make me laugh just when I needed it most). You've all seen or heard me at my worst during this long year of deployment and have helped me find my smile again. Not many have seen me that vulnerable...after all, I'm the strong one.....right??? There's no way I could ever tell all of you how much you've meant to me without crying more than I am right now...but you'll always have my undying love...and I'll always be there for you, no matter what.

5 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Oh this picture is great! I am so happy for you. I hope you had a great time together. What a great mom you are!

12/5/06, 5:03 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

He sure is a good looking soldier. Please give him a hug and tell him thanks for serving our country for me. Enjoy him.

12/5/06, 5:52 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That picture is great. I'm so glad that he's home! Congratulations on surviving the deployment and thank you too, for the support you've given!

12/6/06, 3:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wecome home! Please thank your son for his service.

12/12/06, 6:55 AM  
Blogger Household6 said...

Glad he is home! What a great Thanksgiving and Christmas gift to have.

12/15/06, 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home