Monday, September 18, 2006

Frustration

Being on the downside of a year-long deployment is really frustrating. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but you're not quite there. Time seems to fly by...until you look at the calendar and realize that there are still double-digit weeks to go. It's kind of like those dreams, or nightmares, where you're running as fast as you can, but you don't seem to be moving.

Well, that's the way I feel right now, and it seems that alot of you out there are feeling the same way. So close...yet so far. We all know that the time will pass...we all know that eventually they will be home...we all know that we need to keep on keeping on...but it doesn't make it any easier.

7 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I am right there with ya. I am soo frustrated. I have never wanted time to move as fast as I want it to right now. These past months seem to be the hardest. I thought the end would be easier. I have never been more wrong.

9/18/06, 12:59 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I agree with you whole-heartedly. It's so rough being close to the end, yet still knowing there's some time left before it's actually the end. I guess the only thing that I can say is, at least we're in this together!

9/18/06, 7:25 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Hang in there. With each tick of the clock your soldier gets closer to home. Prayers going out your way for a safe trip home.

9/19/06, 1:33 PM  
Blogger Glo said...

I know just how slow thoses last few weeks can go. I husband just returned from Iraq after a year. He was gone from home since june of 05.Hang in there it will be worth the wait.

9/26/06, 7:52 AM  
Blogger Karyzma said...

Amen to that girlfriend!! I know that we all are in the same boat and feel the same frustrations. That's what makes military wives so awesome!! You've come so far, girl. The end is almost here!

XO,
Kathy

9/28/06, 11:51 AM  
Blogger dyzgoneby said...

The part go by soooo slow. I have been thinking about you so much and can't wait to hear when your son comes home.

Sending you big ((((HUGS)))).

9/29/06, 1:00 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Time will be slow for a bit, then go faster, then slow again. It will be worth it in the end! Have a great weekend!

10/5/06, 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home