Thursday, August 31, 2006

Celebrating the end of summer

I don’t know about you, but I feel like celebrating the last official day of summer. I sit here at my computer and can’t help but smile. As a matter of fact, I feel almost giddy. Why, you ask?? Well, there are several reasons.

One is that we’ve had one of the hottest summers on record this year, with more than 40 days of temperatures over 100 degrees...all the way up to 108 some days. Finally, this week, we’ve had a break from that heat with highs in the 90s and a wee bit of rain to boot. It’s actually pleasant to sit outside again after lunch to soak up the fresh air. Hmmmm......what office???

Another reason is that Fall is my all-time, very most favorite time of year. I am soooooo ready for that. The country girl in me can’t wait to put on those jeans and flannel shirts and sweaters that are so comfy and cozy to run around in when it’s chilly outside...must be a throwback to my childhood days in the countryside of Greenwood, Louisiana (find that on a map...lol) in my jeans and flannel shirt, with my long hair in braids, wearing a cowboy hat, riding a stick horse and wearing a six-shooter ‘n holster and...really, there are pictures of me dressed like that...lol. I love crunching in the leaves that fall off the trees...ask my dad and sister. Every time I walk up or down their driveway, I have to do that...they can hear me coming...lol. Ican’t wait till the first real cool snap comes so we can light up our fireplace. There’s just something so soothing and comforting about watching those glowing embers.

But the most important thing, and what makes me feel giddy, is the fact that we now have three seasons behind us in Seth’s deployment and only one more to go. He will be home at the end of Fall. That’s right...he’ll be home before the Winter season begins...well, if you can call what we get in Texas Winter...hahaha. Needless to say, it has been a really long nine months...I don’t remember my pregnancy with him being this long. But we’re finally down to double digit days till his return...yeehaw!!!

Anyway, so there you have it. I have a huge grin on my face and I feel like dancing a jig, drinking a toast, and partying. Would anyone care to join me??? :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I would! I am right there with you, I'm so ready for the fall season. Hopefully the rest of the time goes by quickly for all of us.

8/31/06, 4:42 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Fall is my favorite time of year also. Happy Autumn to you!

8/31/06, 5:39 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I hear ya. I have never been so ready for summer to be over in my life. I'm with Michelle lets just hope time flies by!!

9/1/06, 5:59 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Count me in! I can't wait to the end of November, it just won't come fast enough. I am so excited though. The end is in sight. I can't wait til our boys come home.

9/4/06, 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home