Sunday, October 08, 2006

Keeping on......keeping on

I know I haven't posted in a while...I guess it's because I haven't had anything new to say. It seems that, as you get to the backside of a deployment, you've already said it all and just don't want to think about it very much anymore for fear of sounding like a broken record. But, I wanted to let everyone know that all is well and going about as expected.

I've also been very busy lately, what with Kevin being based closer to home. He was home a couple of weekends in a row and we were doing family stuff like spending the weekend 4-wheeling in the country and going to the Texas State Fair. Then this weekend, we went his way (can you say roadtrip???) to take him his 4-wheeler, trailer and a few other things and spent the weekend with him. We just fell in about an hour ago and I'm awaiting my turn in the shower before crashing. It's a rather long drive...7 hours to be exact...which doesn't seem very long until you're on the way home. When you're on your way there, you're excited and looking forward to spending the weekend with your son, so you're laughing, singing with the radio, and have your bare feet hanging out the window with the wind blowing between your toes and.....oh wait, maybe that's just me..... :) Anyway, you have alot to look forward to, so you're in a good mood and having a great time. On the way home, it's not as much fun. You're not looking forward to anything except getting home because the weekend is over and you've already said good-bye to your son and given him that last hug..... :( So yeah, not as good a time......but a good trip nonetheless. You know I'd do it again in a heartbeat..... :)

Anyhoo, I hope all is well with all my buddies out there in the milblogosphere. I miss you guys and will try to get back in touch when I return from yet another business trip this week. Till then, take care and keep in touch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I am so glad to see a post from you. I MISSED YOU!! :) Anyway, I am glad you got to see Kevin and go four wheeling. I am so glad that our guys are coming home soon. I wonder if they will be coming in on the same day. Maybe I will see you there. How cool would that be. Anyway, have fun on your business trip. Be safe. Hope to hear from you again soon.

10/8/06, 9:59 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That's great that you got to spend the weekend with your son. I know the driving part though. It's 7 1/2 hrs to my family's house and it seems like it takes about 6 days to get there and back sometimes, especially driving it alone. Have fun on your business trip, and be careful!

10/9/06, 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home