Monday, December 18, 2006

Homecoming pictures......at last

Sorry it has been so long since I wrote...it's been a busy few weeks since Seth came home, what with Christmas coming up so soon and my house to soon be bursting at the seams with the boys and Katie. But, as promised, here are some pictures from the homecoming.


We awaited his arrival in this gym, along with a ton of other families who were just as anxious as we were to see their Soldiers. A very nice lady took this picture of all of us...waiting. They were delayed an hour or so...no big surprise...but nothing could dampen our spirits.


Loud music echoed off the walls of the gym, kids ran around everywhere, and welcome home signs covered the walls and were held by family members. There were huge smiles, as well as a few tears, in the bleachers around us. The guys finally came running in, amidst smoke and cheering...it was soooo exciting and my heart was beating a mile a minute. Katie screamed so loud that she was hoarse afterwards. Here they are, our boys, standing in formation and waiting to be dismissed. Seth is in about the 4th row back from the front on the other side of the gym...we spotted him when he ran in.


After they were dismissed, Seth found us and immediately gathered up his Katie. This picture pretty much says it all...... :)
The rest of us waited in the bleachers for them so they could at least have these first few minutes alone.


You can see from the redness around Katie's eyes that she shed a few tears of joy, so did I when I saw his smiling face. Funny, it still gets to me when I think about it......go figure...... :)


After the ceremony, Seth stopped to say hello to a couple of people and to one of his Lts who came back about a month early. That Lt made every homecoming ceremony, and there were many, until all his men were home...that says alot about the caliber of officer Seth has. Finally, we picked up his bags from the holding tent and headed for the cars......and home.


What greeted Seth on the bumper of his truck was a little present from Kevin...a bumper sticker that read My brother is in the Air Force. The expression on Seth's face was priceless...as he and Kevin have a great rivalry about the Army and the Air Force...but the sticker was still there a week later..... :)


We took this picture of the brothers being brothers in the backyard of Seth & Katie's new house on base. I have a picture from about nine years ago where the two older boys were squishing Seth just like this. Some things never change......thank goodness.


This last picture shows what Seth did the rest of the week after he came to Dallas. We all headed for the country where he couldn't wait to tear up the countryside on 4-wheelers with his brothers. He got quite a bit of air on this jump...but at least he didn't break another toe......lol.

All I can say is...I'm so thankful and happy that he's home...... :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Those pictures are so sweet. Thank you so much for sharing them and I'm so thankful that he's home safe and sound! Merry Christmas.

12/18/06, 8:06 PM  
Blogger MQ said...

OH OH OH!!! So happy for you!!! Tell him thanks for his service and THANK YOU for yours! Hugs from this Army family.

12/20/06, 9:11 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Let out a sigh of relief...ahhhhh! I am so happy your Seth made it home safe and sound.
Have a very Merry Christmas and the best New Year ever.
Loved the pictures.

12/21/06, 4:01 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OK so call me sappy, I am reading your post and I am crying with you! I am so glad he is home!

12/30/06, 7:31 AM  
Blogger Sminklemeyer said...

That is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOu're gonna be the best grandma.

1/1/07, 2:24 PM  
Blogger Karyzma said...

I loved the photos! You've been gone a while. I have too so I can't point fingers. :o) Hope you're having a wonderful 2007!!!!

1/2/07, 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home